Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My New Year's Resolution

Every year I make a resolution, and every year I break it. Last year, I vowed to only purchase one article of clothing each month. I made it through February, but by March I couldn't take it anymore. I splurged at Anthropologie, ending up with a $500 bill and some adorable new additions to my closet. The year before that, I gave up sweets. If an addict can give up alcohol, I can give up sugar, right? I made it until January 12th, when I relapsed on birthday cake. But this year is going to be different. My resolution is Zen. While I have yet to find a definition of Zen that I completely understand, I do know that it is the perfect excuse for me to join The Chicago School of Hot Yoga. I also bought Zen tea. This resolution is flawless. I'm feeling Zen already.

1 comment:

  1. Zenzational resolution, Lauren!
    A few more tips for you:
    -a few times a day, put your middle finger and thumb together and say "omm omm" (NOT nom nom.That's different)
    -buy one of those little table top "zen gardens".Complete with sand and a little rake.(I hope you don't have a cat.)
    -sing "everybody wang chung tonight". Sounds zen to me (at least chinese)
    -FENG SHUI!!

    You're welcome!

    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete