Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fat Kid Friday

Those of you who know me well, know that I celebrate Fat Kid Friday every Friday. Here's how it works: I eat healthy Monday - Thursday, and on Friday, I indulge. It's only fair. Today, I started with a French Vanilla Cappuccino from 711. Not only is deliciously sugary, but it also resembles liquid speed. I swear I get my work done in half the time.
I'm also deeply involved in a love affair with cupcakes, and Fat Kid Friday wouldn't be complete without one. I even brought a cupcake for lunch. It's from Southport Grocery, and it's by the best cupcake in the city. For those who want to participate in Fat Kid Friday, and eat cupcakes, here are some great places to try. They promise to make your Friday more delightful:
Southport Grocery and Cafe
On the corner of Southport and Addison
This vanilla cupcake is the Mona Lisa of cupcakes. The cake is moist and dense. The butter cream frosting will melt in your mouth. Made with Italian butter and Nielsen Massey pure vanilla extract, these cupcakes may just blow your mind.
Molly's Cupcakes
On Clark between Wrightwood and Fullerton
These cupcakes are genius. Injected with a center filling, they always offer a delightful surprise. I recommend the Cookee Monster Cupcake. It features vanilla chocolate chip cake, a raw cookie dough center, vanilla butter cream frosting with chocolate chips and a small cookie on top. It's almost enough to put me over the edge. Almost.

Sweet Mandy B's
On Webster between Magnolia and Racine
Sweet Mandy B's is known for it's old fashioned desserts, and their cupcakes are classics. I can't recommend a flavor, because you can't go wrong. The cake and frosting combination is delectable. They also offer mini cupcakes, a great solution for those who lack decision making skills.

2 comments:

  1. These places should pay you for the free advertising! Now come back to Minneapolis and find good cupcake places for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to say that Sprinkles are the BEST cupcakes I have ever eaten. Sweet Mandy B's has great frosting though....

    ReplyDelete