Thursday, February 17, 2011

Luxury Garage Sale

When I was younger, I loved garage sales. I lived by the motto "one person's junk is another person's treasure." My mom disagreed, junk is junk (her house is spotless and clutter free). As I grew up, I grew out of used and into new. The older I got, the more expensive my new purchases became. I moved from Sally Hansen to OPI, Silvers to Sevens, Columbia to Patagonia, Keds to Cole Haan...you get the picture. These new habits are not cheap, but I've fully developed into a brand whore and I'm not afraid to admit it.
This past weekend, my dear friend Katie invited me to a Luxury Garage Sale. At first, I had back flashes from my garage sale days, walking down West 56th Street, parading my purchases of used stuffed animals that needed a new home (mine). I'd come so far...did I really want to return to my roots? But, Katie sold me on the idea by listing the brands that promised to be there - Chanel, Gucci, Marc Jacobs and Jimmy Choo to name a few.
Turns out, the Luxury Garage Sale was amazing, and I scored some major deals. A pair of black pumps and a gorgeous sweater were among my purchases. But the best deal I found was a vintage Movado watch. This purchase was priceless. Yes, I know it wasn't technically priceless when I bought it, and I wont tell you how much I paid, but it's a classic and I promise to have forever. I fully intend to strut down West 56th Street sporting my used watch on it's new home (my wrist).

2 comments:

  1. You can also buy from luxury garage sale online - just visit their website and subscribe to their emails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to this event too! Got some great goodies. Happy to have found your blog via Urban Cottage

    ReplyDelete