Thursday, March 24, 2011

Deep Fried South

In honor of Fat Kid Friday, and my upcoming 10 day trip to North Carolina, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite goodies from the southeast: Hush Puppies. Basically, fried dough balls. While I usually try to eat healthy when traveling for work, I cannot pass up the opportunity to pop one of these deep fried pieces of heaven into my mouth. They can be spicy or sweet and are usually served with a delicious dipping mayonnaise. Gross right? I know. But sooooo good. Not going to NC anytime soon? No worries, you can try these little yummies right here in Chicago. The best ones I've had were at Chicago Q, a new BBQ joint in Gold Coast. And, while you're there, you should probably try the pulled pork sandwich with a side of honey-butter cornbread. Order a beer too. You deserve it. Plus, it's Fat Kid Friday (meaning you'll also need dessert). It's BBQ, oink oink, EAT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment