Monday, October 11, 2010

Buy the Shoes.

While perusing the book section in Target late Friday afternoon, I came across Eat the Cookie...Buy the Shoes: Giving Yourself Permission to Lighten Up. I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I could tell I liked Joyce Meyer. Instead of buying the book, I read into the title. Of course I should be giving myself permission to lighten up! You see, I'll usually buy the shoes, but I rarely eat the cookie. The realization changed my entire weekend plans. I spent all Saturday and most of Sunday giving myself permission. I gave myself permission to buy the cropped black pants from Gap and a cute tweed mini skirt from J-Crew. I gave myself permission to buy a few long sleeves from Michael Stars and new leopard print flats from Target. I even gave myself permission to buy new make-up from Benefit and an awesome new nail polish from MAC. It wasn't until late last night that I realized I left the cookies on the shelf. I guess some of us will never change. But, thanks for the advice Joyce, what a great weekend! I hope I made you proud! Partially proud anyway...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but you did eat a cupcake from Southport. And it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never, ever leave the cookies on the shelf! But I like the permission idea. I'm giving myself permission to have chocolate cake tonight. Let Them Eat Cake!

    ReplyDelete